Categories: Upcoming Events
Date: Jul 23, 2018
Title: River's Alive Fall Access Clean-up
BRWA and Keep Elbert County Beautiful Access Clean-up
September 22 Keep Elbert County Beautiful Briar’s Landing Launch Site Clean-up
More information at the link below.
Broad River Watershed Association & Keep Elbert County Beautiful
September 22, 2018
BRWA and KECB are partnering to clean up the access points along the lower part of the Broad River. This event is River's Alive Event #6. Below is the plan for the 22nd.
1. Meet at 8:00am on the Broad River WMA to clean up two access points at the top of Anthony Shoals in Elbert County. Directions from Elberton: take Highway 72 east from Elberton – go approx. 11 miles – turn right onto Highway 79 south – go approx. 6 miles- turn right on to River Road – go approx. one half mile and meet at entrance to the first dirt road on the left. Google Maps
2. Proceed to the boat ramp at Highway 17. (Elbert County) Google Maps
3. Proceed to access point on Highway 77. (Oglethorpe County) Google Maps
4. Proceed to Briar's Landing at the Highway 72 bridge. (Madison County) Google Maps
5. Finish up around 12:30 - 1:00pm. Depending on number of participants, and if time allows, we might clean up access area where Carlton-Sandy Cross Road crosses South Fork of the Broad near Carlton.
KECB will provide orange vests, trash bags, and bottled water, but cannot provide liability for the participants. Everyone should provide their own transportation and bring their own gloves, as well as anything else you may need (tools, food, drinks, bug spray, etc.) Long pants and sturdy foot wear are recommended. KECB will bring a trailer to carry all the material removed from the sites. Our plan is separate the material for recycling, but however it is handled, it will be weighed and processed by KECB. Rivers Alive t-shirts are available for the first 20 people to sign up. Contact Bill Hood at 706-818-2213 for more information and to register.